Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

The Chicken and the Pig

Over the past 15 years, I have assisted hundreds of people to rebuild their careers. I have created multimillionaires out of six people.

In the beginning, I usually share with consultees the Parable of the Pig and Chicken.

A pig and a chicken were roommates, but neither were employed and they needed some money for rent. So they headed out to 'pound the pavement' early one morning.  
The pair passed a restaurant with an advert in the window: HAM AND EGGS, $4.50.
The chicken became excited. "That is our new plan! We can do this! You have ham, and have eggs. We can sell breakfast sets."
"That sounds fine for you," Pig responded. "For you it is a contribution, but for me it is a full commitment." 

And that is my contract with you. I make a contribution to help you. But you will be making a full commitment.


No comments: