Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Needs

In booming economic times, we focus on our higher psychological needs. In tougher times, we focus on our basic needs. Maslow's hierarchy, shows the baser needs people are focusing more on recently.

Where is the economy headed? Here at the Nauvoo Commuter we still don't have that answer. But we think fat times are a long way away. So selling things that people really need (safety), might be a better bet in the short term. People use to say "I need to use visualization techniques to attract that Ferrari to my garage." Now they say "I don't like visualizing myself as a homeless person. Better keep my head down and work harder."

Food shortages probably will not affect the First World much, but people in my neighborhood are concerned about it anyway. I should try to address their concerns if I want to connect and sell. 

No comments: