Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Economic Predictions and Your Business

I don't know if the U.S. is on the verge of inflation, deflation, stagflation, or unbounded prosperity. I know even less about the rest of the world. If I did, I wouldn't tell you. I would sell that information.

But I do have one prediction. I believe that state and local governments will significantly cut back services. They will have to break commitments. Many municipalities are bankrupt so have no choice but to cut back.

I don't believe this is the end of the world, and I hope you also feel cautiously optimistic. But we are going to need to use our own bootstraps for picking ourselves up. You can seek SBA loans, government grants, and public advisors for assistance. But if your business model hangs on it, disappointment might be your lot.

No comments: